Wednesday 12 December 2012

A couple of technical points!

As most of you know, I am a little technologically challenged but doing this blog helps me to learn things so I guess it's a good thing!

Anyway, I've come to realise a couple of things about the blog in the last few days.  Firstly, I assumed that if you subscribed to the blog by email, you would just get a notification whenever I published a new post.  But it seems that instead, you get the actual post by email, which means you don't go to the blog itself.  That wouldn't matter at all, except that I believe you can only add comments or view others' comments to the blog if you go to the blog itself.  If you're happy with that, then it's fine but sometimes the comments on blogs can be fun to read as well as the posts.

Secondly, if you do want to either add a comment or read someone else's comments, you have to click on the words "no comments" or if there are already comments there you'll see something like "2 comments".  Now this might have been obvious to you but it isn't to everyone!

Finally on this technical "aside", I have added a gadget for followers.  My brother and I were trying to work out how this works but despite adding himself as a follower, when I look at the blog it still shows no followers/members.  So it remains a mystery unless you can explain it to me!!!

I'll be doing an update later so keep watching this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment