Wednesday 16 January 2013

A dusting of snow...

We were expecting snow by the end of the week but we've had a smattering of it today.  It was only fine snow and luckily it hasn't settled.

We have a Velux window in our bedroom which is pretty much directly above the bed (I often gaze at the stars through it before I drift off to sleep).  But when I looked up at it this morning, I was greeted with the view of a layer of snow!  Danny, as excited as a schoolboy who's hoping for a day off school, leapt out of bed to look out the window.  "It's snowing!" he cried enthusiastically.  I was not so happy.... but then when I got up and let the dogs out, I saw it was a very light snow that was melting on the dogs' backs as quickly as it was landing on them.  Now, some hours later, it's all gone although I suspect it will be back!

Here are some pictures of how it looked earlier....




























Now I'm going to make one of our favourite Winter dishes for dinner....West Indian Main Course Soup...... Mmmmm, that should warm us up!

No comments:

Post a Comment