Monday 22 April 2013

The fosse installation begins! Today in pictures......

They turned up, men and machines, just after 8am this morning and very quickly work began...
 

The gravel was skimmed off first
 
 
and the hole digging commenced....
 
 
 
.....the earth piled up....

(I took the first picture at 14.20 and the second at 16.55!)
 
Work continued throughout the day (with the normal long lunch break of course!) and gradually the holes for the fosse and pipes were dug...
 

 
This is what it looked like when the guys left at 18.45!
(How anyone can have a problem with the workmen having a long lunch break when they work this long and this hard beats me)
 
As with everything, there is a down side.... those of you who have already visited in the summer months, might remember the beautiful red-leafed shrub between the bathroom and kitchen windows.  Well this is how it is at the moment....
 

The guys have offered to dig a hole so I can replant it and I'll just have to see if it can survive!
 
And finally, look at this lovely dumper truck..... I'd just LOVE to have a go on it!!
 


and actually, I'd like to try the digger too!  Do you think they'll let me???
 
 
A bientôt!
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment